Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An Exciting Update!

I just arrived back from an afternoon of accomplishing work at the Cardome Center. I am proud to say that the majority of the exhibition space has been organized and cleaned, and is nearly ready to be viewed. There are a few things I have yet to accomplish before it is completely ready. There is the matter of buying stands for some of the items that will be on display and, most importantly, I must write the wall text to accompany all of the memorabilia.
It is wonderful to see this project begin to really come together. It is my sincerest hope that those who were a part of Cardome during its academic years will appreciate the exhibit. There are many more items I would have liked to include in the displays, but I had to work with the room provided and have tried to cover the Academy and Sisters of Visitation from beginning to end. Of course, there is the room in the basement that is also dedicated to the history of Cardome, and will always be available for those who wish to view more. I am planning on organizing that room to be more viewer friendly.

Another update: I have finished one interview and have a few more in the works, if everything goes as planned. I interviewed Linda Boots and she was absolutely wonderful, and excited to help with the project. I am in the midst of transcribing her interview into text and will post it here when I am finished. There was a problem with the digital recorder, so it was necessary to alter this portion of the internship just a bit. We learn to roll with the punches and it will be wonderful regardless. It was a pleasure to get to meet her and learn about her experiences. I'm sure no one will be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment